Sea of Thieves Update is live now
Category : News
Xbox One and Windows PC pirating game get a performance update. So let’s take a quick peek at what is offered in the Sea of Thieves Update 1.0.4 which is Live right now.
Sea of Thieves launched a couple of weeks back to some rather interesting reaction from both fans and critics. Though the game is visually gorgeous and appears to have a really good framework. However, it has one major flaw. The game is little to no content. Everyone agrees that there just isn’t much to do in this gorgeous pirate adventures. The quests that are in the game are repetitive and leave a sour taste in the mouth of fans. Rare quickly fired back assuring everyone that the game will constantly be getting updates that add content and features. Enter Sea of Thieves Update 1.0.4.
But before you get too excited, this patch mostly adds fixes to bugs and focuses on performance optimizations. Sure there are a tiny bit of customizations but nothing really in the way gameplay additions. Check out the complete patch notes below, *sigh*.
Sea of Thieves Patch 1.0.4 Release Notes:
- Pirate Legend – The first legendary ship customizations have arrived at the Shipwright’s Shop in the Legendary Hideout! From here you can purchase your new Pirate Legend sails, hull, and figurehead.
- Sound Effects – Players will now hear a new sound effect when they open a Lore Book and when a Merchant Alliance contract has expired.
- Spring Cleaning – It is now easier to place chests and skulls on shelves in the Captain’s Cabin, and to drop items overboard!
- Controller Remapping – We’ve added push-to-talk to the list of actions players can rebind on the controller.
- The server migration-free zone around the Skeleton Forts has been doubled.
- Trading companies now inform you when you have reached the voyage purchase limit for the day (Refreshes at 6 am in-game time).
- Fixed clipping of reward values in wallet UI animations.
- Fixed text clipping in the Reputation menu UI.
- Company icons in the voyage pop-up UI are now the correct size.
- Ammo box on Lookout Point can now be used.
- Skeleton crews encountered during bounty quests and skeleton forts now have correctly matching attire.
- Players weapon selection from the Armoury should no longer reset to default after death.
- A notification should now trigger when a crewmate finds a reward from a Message in a Bottle map.
- Ships should no longer spawn with damage.
- Voyage description text has been increased in size, and should now be easier to read from a distance.
- Filters in the Equipment Chest will no longer become impossible to select.
- Candles are no longer floating in the air on Old Salts Atoll
- Lantern in the north-western part of Kraken’s Fall is no longer floating above the barrels.
- Skeleton Fort Cannons can once again be manned by players without fear of an explosive demise.
- The appearance of the water in the Legend Hideout has been improved.
- Rain will no longer appear inside the Legend Hideout Tunnel.
- Players will now correctly take damage from gunpowder kegs whilst underwater.
- Multiple text bugs and NPC dialogue issues in English have been resolved.
- Improved performance on high-resolution PCs running at lower than native resolution.
- The number of instances of rubber banding and teleporting players has been reduced.
- Increased quality of island rendering at a distance when using the spyglass on all quality settings on both platforms.
- This has no effect when the island is too far away to be loaded
- Multiple server crash fixes.
- Further improvements and optimizations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in the game.
- Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in-game. If you still cannot find your items in-game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair color/scars) looking different from their initial selection.
- We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to reset your pirate to your original selection. If you have experienced this bug, please ensure you have logged a Support Ticket for this issue.
- Skeleton Fort or Bounty quest skeleton waves sometimes spawn in the ground or cannot be found at all.
- Further improvements to spawning have been made in this update, and we are working to resolve the issue for all islands. For a potential workaround, please read this Support article.
- [PC] Push to talk option will reset to default (disabled) between sessions. This bug has been fixed and will be added to a future update.
Look I get it Rare, content isn’t just going to appear overnight. And we’re super thankful for working on fixing bugs with the game. But where in Davie Jones’ Beard is the gameplay content? We’re literally bored to death what’s available on offer in the base game. Come on…bring on the content already.
For more of your favorite gaming rants, stay tuned to SkyGamers.co.za. And don’t forget to visit our newly minted store for low priced Steam Games delivered straight to your email address. No shipping required! Happy Pirate Gaming! (Not that kind of Pirate gaming. Sea of Thieves kind of Pirate gaming)