The Surge HDR update for PS4/Pro is live
Look at all those pretty colours in the now Live The Surge HDR update. Time to flex those 4K HDR panels in this tough as nails action RPG. Check out the details of this update inside.
The Surge has generated quite a bit of critical acclaim amongst both critics and fans. Deck 13 completely nailed this title both technically and gameplay. The team delivered an exceptional PS4 Pro implementation and now they are topping even that. A new The Surge HDR update has been released for PS4 and PS4 Pro. Which basically means a wider colour gamut. All the details in the game world will pop and add greater brightness and contrast. The end result is a more enhanced visual feast for your eyes. Of cause, in order for this to work, you will need an HDR enabled TV. Here are the complete patch notes for the update. Please Note, at the time of writing there hasn’t been any confirmation of the HDR feature being released for Xbox One S or PC, but it will most likely only be a matter of time.
The Surge Update 53172 Patch Notes
- The values for health related implants have been adjusted to fall more in line with the desired/projected player health progression (more health).
- The damage of the beam ranged attack of the Nano mass enemy has been reduced.
- The windup of the beam attack has been increased.
- Reduced the volume of the ‘secret finding implant’ – even more so when using a controller and rumble is enabled.
- Deactivate the ‘secret finding implant’ in the med bay.
- Implants granting a weapon proficiency level bonus now also grant a proficiency reward bonus so it becomes more viable to level up more than one weapon type.
- Added an option to bind jumping/ducking from blocking to the left stick (when using a controller).
- Hitboxes of the staff wielding security guards’ attacks has been tweaked.
- Tweaked hitboxes of some enemies wielding forklift weapons.
- Also tweaked hitboxes of some enemies wielding two-handed weapons.
- Improved the timings for the perfect block window for the player.
- Improved behaviour of the Security Guard.
- The music in Ops will no longer play after the player has died and respawned.
- Improved behaviour of the Black Cerberus when his attacks are blocked.
- Elevator positions have been adjusted to avoid waiting for an elevator after dying.
- Proximity Sensor no longer emits a beeping sound when an enemy is locked.
- Character is now invulnerable for a short time after a finishing move is finished.
- Increased the duration of the stamina buff triggered when collecting enough Tech Scrap to be worth a level up.
- Reduced the stamina cost for continually blocking.
- Increased the time for the continual block stamina cost to begin.
The Surge is available right now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.